Satisfy your sweet tooth cravings with our light and dreamy Auro Triple Chocolate Mousse.
- 2 cups cream (heavy)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 70 grams Auro 32% White Chocolate coins chopped
- 70 grams Auro 42% Milk Chocolate coins chopped
- 70 grams Auro 64% Dark Chocolate chopped
- Garnish: Auro cacao nibs
- In a medium pan set over low-medium heat, heat ¾ cup of heavy cream until it starts to steam.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg yolks, sugar and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- In a slow steady stream, pour the hot cream into the egg mixture, whisking constantly to create a custard.
- Pour the custard mixture back into the pan and cook it over low-medium heat, constantly whisking for about 4 minutes, until a thermometer reads 80 to 85 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the pan from the heat, pour the custard through a fine-mesh sieve, and set it aside for a moment.
- In three separate metal bowls, one for each chocolate, melt the chocolates over a double boiler (bowl placed over a pot of simmering water).
- Whisk one third of the custard into each melted chocolate and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Whisk the remaining chilled cream in a mixer on high speed or by hand until peaks form.
- Stir two tablespoons of the whipped cream into each chocolate custard, and then evenly divide the remaining whipped cream among the custards and very gently fold into a mousse.
- Layer the white chocolate mousse, milk chocolate mousse, and dark chocolate mousse into serving cups and chill them for a few hours before serving.
- Sprinkle cacao nibs on top before serving for an added healthy crunch.