We would love to hear from you! Drop us a message or give us a call, and we'll be glad to answer all your inquiries.
I. JOB SUMMARY
A Head chef is responsible for all of the food coming out of the kitchen. They are responsible for ensuring that the food comes out of the kitchen in a timely manner. A few of the main duties of a Head chef are monitoring the quality of the food, following all food safety regulations, creating new food entrees, and coordinating the entire kitchen. They also have to hire and train new kitchen staff.
An Head chef should have five years of experience in the culinary field as well as a bachelor's degree in the culinary arts. One of the most important skills that a head chef will have is the ability to manage a kitchen. Another skill is creativity as the executive chef will need to be able to create dishes that wow customers (both internal under Auro Cafe and External/commercial side).
II. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
Supervise and check on the quality of the preparation of all food
- Ensure all food is prepared as per food preparation requirements
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available for the various areas
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies
- Prepare daily pastry and bakery requirements as per the menu
- Be available for functions as they arise to ensure that the food is prepared and served as required
- Approve and “polish” dishes before they reach the customer
Oversee and supervise all kitchen staff
- Ensure all staff are aware of their duties and what is expected of them
- Teach new staff skills they require to perform their roles to the required standard
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements
- Oversee and monitor the work of kitchen staff to ensure all tasks are done as required
- Give staff feedback on their performance to enable staff development
- Ensure any staffing issues are resolved fairly and quickly
- Control and direct the food preparation process and any other relative activities
- Oversee the work of subordinates
- Estimate staff’s workload and compensations
- Maintain records of payroll and attendance
Manage kitchen stocks and equipment maintenance
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss
- Ensure the security of all alcoholic and non alcoholic drink stocks
- Oversee the ordering and control of stock levels
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages
- Arrange for equipment repairs when necessary
- Look for ways to reduce spoilage of infrequently used items.
- Provide feedback regarding the food quality of large bulk purchases.
- Monitor inventory levels of commonly used items.
Ensure staff are working safely at all times
- Ensure staff are aware of and follow safe work practices at all times
- Assist other staff in the cleaning of the kitchen at the end of the shift
- Ensure his/her own work station is kept clean and hygienic at all times
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
Assist the Operations Manager as required
- Manage the Cafe in the Operations Manager’s absence
- Assist the day-to-day running of the department
- Carry out other tasks as required by the Operations Manager
- Submit cost proposals for menu items
- Pay careful attention to the operating budgets of the department to ensure that costs are controlled to maintain the correct levels of spending
- Be fully in charge of hiring, managing and training kitchen staff
- Remedy any problems or defects
- Create a culture of cooperation and respect between co-worker’s
Menu Research and Development
- Construct menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings
- Submit cost proposals for new menu items.
- Liaising with the relevant companies and suppliers for food orders.
- Ensure that all food preparation is in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Design standardized food presentation guidelines for each dish.
- Liaising with the relevant companies for food orders.
- Coordinating with Supply chain on the purchasing of ingredients
III. BASIC RELATIONSHIP
- Report to Operation Manager, Director and Managing Directors.
- Work closely with Cafe Team and Auro Support Services
IV. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in F&B and Pastries, with at least 1-2 years in a supervisory/managerial role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HRM, Culinary, Marketing, Communications, Business, or a related field
- Highly organized: able to maintain accurate and consistent documents/records
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written), and be extremely guest focused.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Strong passion for the art of food design.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Proven leadership skills
- Some technical and practical skills necessary to create pastries, chocolates, danishes, breads and plated desserts.
- Experience as part of pre-opening team preferred
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Add to WishlistBrowse WishlistRemove Wishlist