We would love to hear from you! Drop us a message or give us a call, and we'll be glad to answer all your inquiries.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Agriculturist specializes in all areas of cultivation and raising livestock. They are responsible for giving advice and recommendations on soil management, crop rotation, irrigation and drainage, environmental stability, disease, and harvesting.
II. DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND AUTHORITIES
- Conduct site visits to farm participating to the organic farming project in preparation for any control and certification from the independent certifying body but not limited to farmers practicing conventional farming
- Give consultation and answer queries from farmers participating in the project on an as needed basis but not limited to conventional farmers.
- Provide technical advice for farmers and farm workers such as crop calendars and work flows to optimize farm production.
- Prescribing fertilizer and pesticide to avoid misuse and in aligning for organic accreditation or the the national Agricultural Quality Standard
- Provide farmers with appropriate news, information or developments and conduct information session, seminars and workshops.
- Provide overall assistance to the Administrative Supervisor in the preparation of technical papers/documents required by the management or for an organic certifying body.
- Prepare periodic reports on the status of the organic farming project including conventional farmers;updating Administrative Supervisor on the progress of the participating farmers.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
III. BASIC RELATIONSHIP
- Reports to Administrative Supervisor
- Coordinates with Warehouse and Logistics.
- May be assigned other tasks by the Administrative Supervisor and Managing Directors
IV. JOB SPECIFICATION
- Degree holder in Agricultural related subjects
- Experienced and knowledgeable inorganic farming procedures especially in certification requirements
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge in Agricultural research, farming assistance to the farming community
- Strong written and verbal communication, effective organization, strong attention to detail, and ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Willing to report in Davao Plant
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Add to WishlistBrowse WishlistRemove Wishlist